The Blog

Thursday, June 2, 2011

It's like new training and things...

 So yesterday me and Skye head out to a new agility class. Our classes we were taking have hit a rough spot. Not only could we not get there most weeks but it just wasn't giving us what it had before. Don't get me wrong it was GREAT. I loved the people. It just wasn't working.

So, low and behold. I was SO lucky to find out that Rosanne DeMascio (2 year in a row and current NAC 20" winner among many other great things!) moved close to me and with her mom, Barb. They have started holding classes too!

 We had SO much fun. And wouldn't you know... the many bar wonder Skye... Took all of 2 bars. The whole time. Out of 4, 10-12 obstacle courses to equal about 40+ jumps. He took TWO!

 He was a rockstar all around :) Other than me being a fail handler he did SO well. (Umm, well... we won't speak of his contacts!).

 We mostly work on serpentine/threadle type work. Much more international/usdaa styled stuff that we haven't done a lot of. I really thought Skye wouldn't like it or do well with it either. He LOVED it though!

 I have NEVER been able to master backsides with him. He just has never got them. What do I know... with just a few little suggestions from Rosanne (before we even ran it). He was doing them like a pro! I guess it really WAS me. Even though Leap has always done them like a rockstar.

 He had a retard dog walk (as usual) and only hit and held his a-frame once. Other than that he did SOOOO well though!

It was HOT as all get out (95 and sunny with HIGH humidity!). The kiddie pool was nice for the dogs to cool down though.

I am excited to go back and take Leap (who is on "in heat" house arrest!).  I will try to get video next time too ;)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds SO awesome! I can't wait till I can sign Knight up for Barb's Classes up at DTCCC >D

    ReplyDelete